Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's been ages, hasn't it?
Do I only post when things are going poorly. That's certainly the case today. I'm a grumpy gus. 
It's funny. Doing well on tests and assignments so far (knock wood), but I'm pissed about the hands on work. I thought that would be where I'd excel. My colour mixing is atrocious. Brushstrokes are miserable. Hand eye co-ordination a mess. Ok fine, I'm okay, but I thought I'd be fantastic. This is where I thought I'd shine. 
And I can't cheat. I'm used to cheating, obscuring, abstracting. I'm used to short cuts and sneakery when it comes to art. That's how I've always done it. On my own, my way. 
And now a country ditty with conservation themes:

Babe I know prevention
Is worth a pound of cure
But I need a treatment bad
Cause I feel so impure
The way that we've been livin'
Aint the right conditions for me
Your lovin ain't reliable
I'm friable you see
Acetone away the pain
Consolidate my heart
Put it back to how it was
Before it fell apart
(mournful steel string guitar solo)

I feel like I should be embarrassed about how silly this is, but I think INSTEAD I am going to post it on facebook. I really need to start doing this for money. I don't know who will pay me, but gosh darn it, I need to be paid

1 comment:

  1. do yourself a favour and spend the money for a good paint brush. badger or sable, preferably. That should take care of the brush strokes problem. Same goes for paint, and paint mixing. I don't know what you are using but if you buy premixed acrylic blue, yellow, red, there are some colours you just won't be able to make with those (I know, goes against everything you've learned). There are different reds, yellows and blues and the pigments just won't mix certain ways. Greens and purples are fussy. Adding some additional reds, blues and yellows to your collection should help.

    ReplyDelete